How to Configure Magento 2 Custom Order Number Extension
The default order numbering system supplied by Magento 2 is relatively basic, but it might disclose critical information about your company to rivals, such as the total number of orders. In the worst-case scenario, the default order numbers may erode your clients’ faith in your company when you do not get enough orders. The best way to prevent such a tragic occurrence is to utilize Magento 2 Custom Order Number extension.
The whole Magento 2 Custom Order Number Extension Configuration guide is provided below. You can use it to set up the extension and design the numbering system in your shop as needed. Following prefixes, suffixes, and higher increment levels, you may add custom order, invoice, shipping, and credit memo numbers using the directions provided by the Weisetech Developers is Toronto-based Magento Development Company.
Hire Magento Developer In Toronto
Steps to Configure your Magento 2 Custom Order Number extension
After installing the custom order number extension on your shop, go to Stores > Configuration > Custom Order Number.
Custom numbers for orders, invoices, shipments, and credit notes may be configured from this page. The add-on gives extensive possibilities for customizing the numbering of order-related documents based on the needs. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on adding custom order numbers in Magento 2.
1. Order Numbers
Enable the custom order number from the backend and specify the order number format for your site. To modify order numbers in Magento 2, apply the following settings:
2. Order Number Format:
Enter a format for order numbers you wish to use for orders made in your shop. You may also use Magento 2 order number prefixes and suffixes and system variables or DD-YYYY-MM to produce an order number that includes the required prefix, year of order, counter, and suffix.
- Count Start From: Enter a starting number for the counter.
- Counter Increment By: Enter the numbered counter increment step here.
- Enter the total number of digits you wish to include in the counter in the Counter Padding field. It will append leading zeroes to a string of any length.
- Reset Counter on Date Change: Choose whether or not to reset the counter when the date changes.
- Reset Counter: Enable this option to reset the counter when the new increment ID is generated. The option will be deactivated automatically.
3. Numbers for Invoices, Shipments, and Credit Memos
Customizing the invoice, shipping, and credit memo numbers is also supported with Magento 2 change order number extension. The Magento 2 shop admin may edit these numbers in the same way that the order number is, but with a different prefix. It also enables them to be customized with alternative formats, counter beginning numbers, increment steps, padding, and the ability to reset the counter, exactly like the order number.
To configure the numbers, just scroll down and expand the Invoice Configuration, Shipment Configuration, or Credit Memo Configuration section. Below is an example of modifying the invoice number in Magento 2.
- Enable Custom Invoice Number: You can enable or disable custom invoice numbers here.
- The same as the Order Number: Check the box if you wish to utilize the order number as the invoice number.
- Invoice Prefix: Enter a custom prefix to be used for invoice numbers.
- Add a Replace With Order Prefix Invoice Prefix: Replace the order prefix with the invoice prefix by entering it here.
- If you wish to specify specific settings for the invoice numbers, change the ‘Same as Order Number’ option to ‘No’ and completely configure the invoice number as we did with the order number.
You may use the same method to change your business’s shipping and credit memo numbers. Click the >> ‘Save Config’ button in the >> upper-right corner to save your changes. You successfully modified your business’s order, invoice, shipping, and credit memo numbers.
Custom order, invoice, shipping, and credit memo numbers are critical when operating an online company. Magento 2’s default numbering scheme is inflexible, making it unable to adjust these numbers. All you need to get started with custom order numbers in your business is the Magento 2 custom order number extension setup tutorial from us.
Looking for a solution? We'd love to help!
Start a conversation with us today!Contact Us!!